Thursday, July 7, 2011

Midnight in Paris and 2:40 in Boise

I saw Midnight in Paris with a pal two nights ago, and while I'm not an enormous Woody Allen fan, I really enjoyed it. Titular stuttering intellectual Larry Stu aside, I found myself really feeling a strong connection to The Message of the film.

Okay, maybe the message is "Don't marry a bitch." but that message has been done to death.

More important to me was the fact that in the end, the film made me want to be more me. It made me want to really turn off the censors, take an honest look at myself, and do some organizing. Yeah...it made me want to read more T.S. Eliot and flit through The Sun Also Rises again too...but hey. It was a sort of "Take back your life" in clever overdrive.

Okay so yes, all the characters in 'The Present' were awful people to the point of farce, or ridiculously beautiful and inexplicably attracted to Owen Wilson. Everyone in the past was Quirky yet lovable...typical fantasy fare.

But I don't know, man...it definitely made me think. Of what? I'm not sure. It still kinda feels like I've been flying by the seat of my pants for the past six months or so...but at least I feel a little more directed.

It's all interesting, isn't it?

-Dak Attack

No comments:

Post a Comment