Saturday, November 3, 2012

Whoops...Dropped the Beat.

I don't consider myself musically inclined. I play around on the guitar a bit, though I'm pretty spotty. I can bang out some chords and follow rhythm, but that's the extent of my playing. Even so, it hasn't stopped me from messing around in the music realm--or doofing around with Acoustica Mixcraft. That said, I present to you some music I made!

If it all sounds pretty videogamey, it's because I specifically made these tracks to use with the games I make ever so often. So BOOM. HERE WE GO, BRO.  (Also, if for some reason you're really into any of these tracks, feel free to download em'. I'm pretty sure I made that an option.)


In case you're wondering, the official title to that one is 'Crappy Punk Song'. I tried to mimic anime intros as best as possible to make a 'General Upbeat Intro Theme'.


That's theme music I made for a character I came up with. It ends abruptly since it'll be playing in a loop once I import it into my game-makin' software.



So this track will serve as general background music for the more hallowed stages of the game.



Okay, so this is the battle music for said game. I thought it'd be fun to make it kinda' surf rock-ish. Most games aren't going to sound like this, so I figured it be interesting to make it a kind of centerpiece (you tend to hear battle music once every goddamn 2 seconds). Also, it's my current phone ringtone. This one also cuts off in the interest of looping the fight music.


And finally, here's the theme music for yet another character. Incidentally, his design is something I've been doodling since I was a teen. Oddly enough, now that I've got a theme song for him, I can really see who the character is.


Hey, so there you have it! I'm really diggin' this music program, but the downside may be pretty evident. Since it doesn't actually require much in the way of musicianship, the songs start to sound samey after a while. Couple that with a limited (yet enormous) number of instrumental loops, and you'll eventually hit a tipping point. The next logical step would be to...well...to get better at making music or dedicate myself to the piano for a while.

That's all for now! Ta-tas!

Love,
Dak

OH WAIT NO, P.S. BULLET POINTS
  •  Went to a morning Suzuki practice at an Aikido dojo today. HOLY CRAP IT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN MISSING AND IT WAS FREE AND INCREDIBLE AND OH GOD NO MORE STOMPING PLEASE.
  • I'm trying to decide whether my November project is going to be a one person show, a full-length play, a series of short plays, a novel, a game, or a graphic novel of some kind. Or...y'know...procrastination.
  • I've been teaching at the pediatrics center at a local hospital with some colleagues recently and I pretty much love every moment of it. Well...I guess we've only had one class thus far...but STILL! Awesome. 




2 comments:

  1. I really like the temple theme. Oro's pick-up seems a little late to me but it might make more sense in the pace of the game. We need some post-battle victory fan fare, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you, sir! I'm going to keep messing with these...I haven't paced em out with the game yet. Matter of fact, I typically just begin making the game without all of the assets complete, so this is a chance to make all the music, sprites, and animations I'll be using FIRST--then plugging them in where they make sense. More updates as they come!

    ReplyDelete