Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poems in italics because that makes me legit.

Hey so sometimes I write stuff. Sometimes they're poems. It's been a while, but for the sake of revving up that creative engine again, I've decided to start banging out some poetry. I should preface this by saying they'll all be first drafts of varying quality. Okay okay...no more judgment from me, I'll just get em down here and walk away like nothing happened. Here's the first!


She polishes her badges proudly
and pins them through her skin
she screams, railing, in the dark
furious with her own echoes
which only ever sound like the person she used to be.

She makes love to her pain
like a child.
And in the morning she wakes weeping
in her empty bed.
She'll straighten her mask in the mirror
and notice how pretty it looks.
And I will look on her and shake my head
as if we were two different people.


Love, peace, and flocks of geese,
Dak!

2 comments:

  1. Shit dude, this is awesome. I rub you. YES, THAT'S WHAT I MEANT TO SAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfahahahaha~ Hey, thanks Beans! Rub you too.

    ReplyDelete