Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Re-emergence!

WELL--

I'm in Boise now! Officially! I'm a transplant!

So updates...I guess there are several, so I'll break it down into bullet points.

  • Doing a show with Alley Underground called 'Voices From The Boise Hole'. It's a new play developed by local playwrights, Jason Haskins and Evan Sesek. It's a series of monologues based on various Boise-ites. HIGHLIGHT: I do a monologue about being black in Idaho while another character does one about having his first black friend.
  • Two Gents wrapped up very nicely. I definitely fell into a post-show, "I still have no place to live" "What am I doing with my life?" "Am I a humungous failure?" doldrum, but it's now entirely taken care of. Well, almost entirely...I don't have a trash can in my room... I think that'll solve a lot of issues. HIGHLIGHT: Even after the show closed, I've been getting offers of interest from directors and theatre folks. AND LADIES--that's not true at all.
  • Entirely single and pretty jazzed about that. Cuz I don't need no BITCHES EFFIN' UP MY--no no no, that's silly. I'm just really content with myself right now. I think I'll eventually want to be with someone, but I'll just let that part play out. HIGHLIGHT: Saying something extremely geeky or embarrassing, waiting a few seconds, then yelling "WHY am I SINGLE?"
  • NERD UPDATE! Not much to say here, really. Marathonned Avatar: The Last Airbender nearly twice in a row, got really into Sherlock, and politely gave Soul Eater a try. Verdict? Avatar is amazing, but you probably found that out in 06', Sherlock is goddamn incredible, and Soul Eater is just plain bad. If I was thirteen, I would've REALLY enjoyed it--but the characters are just too...well...stupid for me to deal with. They aren't even oddball--FLCL was oddball--they're just wholly moronic.
Er...wow, yeah. That's all the main stuff, I suppose! I'm in the process of looking for a second job at the moment, and so far it's working out. I really don't want to jump back into serving, but it's honestly the best money around my area--so looks like I'll be strappin' on that apron again! IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

More to come as I start updating more regularly again!

Peace out and Pee South,
Deeks and Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment