Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Unknown

In this strange yet exciting between-show period, I've found myself taking as much solace in the unknown as possible. This is always been somewhat difficult for me. As much as I want to be free-wheeling and devil-may-care, I often fall into moments where I'm biting my nails in the corner of the room, worried about money stuff, job stuff, life stuff, or show stuff. I've always thought it irresponsible to dispense with those worries in favor or letting things fly--but now that notion is keeping sane.

Well...that is...as sane as I ever was.

I may be shooting myself in the foot by even sharing this, but after seeing Dwayne Blackaller's play, re/fraction, I've gotten onto a HYOOOOJE kick about writing a 2 or 3 person piece that shares that quality of fun and experimentation. Knowing me, it'll be some frenetic, ridiculous thing but I don't entirely see that as negative. In addition, I'd like it to have some personal meaning for everyone involved. I've got a lot of extremely talented friends who, I find, don't always have the opportunity to completely show off their chops. We get rockstar shows sometimes, but I'd like to develop something that really comes from THEM. Something that throws them in the fire and stretches the performance muscles a little.

Naturally I have no clue where to begin. There's a lot I want to say, and a few of those things are even RELEVANT! L..like two or three of them.

Also! Life update!

Might be working at the Zooey Deschanel store soon! I'll know by next week. That'd alleviate most--if not ALL--of my job stress. I can kick my feet up and purchase some dinnerware! Y'know...because it's the little things in life.

HEAD rehearsals begin next week. Take that as euphemistically as you will. I can't wait to work with the cast, which includes some of the most awesome people I know.

I'll be teaching CLOWNING at the ANSER center in Boise all next week after school. 1st through 4th graders! It's pretty wild...I have no idea what to expect. I won't hit them with the MOST insane stuff...at least not right off the bat. I'll really have to start with the basics...but children seem inherently less socially awkward than adults, so I'm excited to be surprised by these kids.

I had a "Jeez, I'm putting on a few sweet pounds" moment last week. Thanks to my buddy's bike, I am no longer concerned. In addition, my good buddy and I will be enrolling in fencing classes soon. Yeah, that's right. We'll be bucklin' the SHIT outta' that swash.

Alright kids and cadets. Be good. Live ridiculous.

-Dak Attack

No comments:

Post a Comment