Wednesday, November 16, 2011

HEAD and Hats

The show several friends and I are in opened last Friday to mixed reception. I can only speak for myself here, but I think the review is absolutely fair. MORE than fair. I think it's on the nose. Even so, people are really enjoying it and I think we're doing a spectacular job. This show is something I typically approach each night without any idea how the heck it'll go. Regardless however, I give it my all the only way I know how now, which is to say before every show, I have to be almost asleep with relaxation or else I get so tense I can't do any acting.

Seriously. First world problems.


Also! A ridiculously talented friend of mine knit an incredible transforming hat for me! It's absurdly comfy and it keeps my bald head warm. It's also...well...I'll just show ya.


Oh, that's cool...it's a yellow beanie and it--


WAIT, WHERE'D THE BROWN ONE COME FROM?


Oh, I gotcha...a scarf in the same color? That's pretty c-

HOLY HELL, IT'S NINJA TIME.

In Soviet Russia, adorable hat wears YOU!

Oh, you precocious little garment!


It's called a Thneed. Yes, you HAVE heard the word before. I call it 'thing' or 'sea anemone', but I may have to come up with a ridiculously pedestrian proper name for it. Like....'Kevin'.

Kevin.

Let me
say, I'm incredibly overwhelmed and thankful for the response to my previous post. I was especially touched by the number of friends of mine that feel similarly. Turns out we're less alone than we think we are. Who knew? Anyway, I'm still in the beginning stages of really working through it, but already it's starting to make a difference in my day-to-day. I feel more comfortable around my friends--and generally more comfortable in my own skin. The morning after I wrote that, I had to make some calls that I've been avoiding for a long time. Despite the sick feeling in my stomach, I went ahead and took care of business--and the whole thing took an hour. Amazing how I'd turned those slightly uncomfortable tasks into giant monsters. Again, to everyone who read, shared, commented, reached out (to me AND to my Mother) Thank you. You seriously have no idea how much that means to me.

Now some bullet points to conclude!
  • Had a poverty party with some wonderful friends yesterday. It involved cheap beer and mac n' cheese, cards games, and general wackiness. Gotta' keep doing those.
  • Watched the review for Skyward Sword over at GT. Still haven't got my hands on the game, but the review seems extremely fair despite the supposed inconsistencies. Summary: It's good, but the Wii is starting to show its age.
  • Writing a script for a short film I'll be acting in with my taller half, directed by an amazing local director/screenwriter/generally cool mofo.
  • It would behoove you to watch Gabrielle Giffords' interview with Diane Sawyer. I watched it this morning and just...wow.
  • Still looking for a second job, so if you know anyone who needs a videogame played really well. Or...uh...their butt assessed to see if it meets quality assurance standards, I have a resume for you.

That's it for now! Be good, kids!

Or at very least, be yourselves!

Loves,

Dak

3 comments:

  1. Ah hahaha! You love maniacs.

    Thanks for the plug see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plug was nothin', thanks for the Thneed!

    And yes, I LOVE Maniacs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a talented fella you'll be working with... talented in the SACK. Awesome bloggins! You are bookmarked.

    -KellyLynae

    ReplyDelete