Sunday, June 6, 2010

Off Again

It's been real, nyuggas--but I'm headed on up to the land of taters and ridiculously good-looking people again.

I had a great time being home for the month-ish, but I admit it will be great to have an income again and be able to hang out outside without burning to a crisp or taking the bus for three hours to see anyone. I've really got to find a 'thing I love to do' while I'm not doing the thing I love to do so I can quit whining about not doing it. The writing is going alright, and I'm actually starting work on another play. Matter of fact, I'm not sure how many finished plays this one will make. At least ten. Maybe two of those are decent, too.

On top of that, I've got to get back up on my webcomicing. Sorry, Doo Doo Thursdays--I like you. I REALLY do...but you take (arguably) hours of effort that I may or may not feel guilty about later.

In other news, I really want a goofy bike helmet. I wonder how tough it would be to get my hands on one once I'm in the Idaho region. Either that Daft Punk model or this weird one. I'll probably just grab one from Bern and decorate it with ridiculous stickers and stencils. Aside from that, I'm packin' for SUMMER, BITCHES.

I own two pairs of shorts...

Also--I think I'm going to have more TIME in the summer than I did during the tour. This means more HANGING OUT WITH CASTIES AND BOISEITES. Bois..Bois-ee-ites...Boys.. Ee..Yites.. Anyhoo--this means ORDERING 2ND EDITION D BOOKS. There are some interested parties...and I could whip up a pretty decent campaign to run while I'm not doing the show/going to coffee shops to talk to the super cute baristas/learning more songs/going to yoga at the Y or something/floating the river/camping up in the mountains/sitting bitch on Luke's bike when we hit up Idaho City for a day trip.

Man...activities out the wazoo.

Love love love,
Dak

3 comments:

  1. Hey, so Kai's probably gonna be really busy with school stuff the remainder of the summer, and who wants to go to Idaho anyway, buuuut... are any of the shows the kind you can buy tickets to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boinsie in Boise? Hurrah!
    There are definitely shows you can buy tickets to...or...that I can get you comp tickets to. I'd love to have you come visit! Keep me updated on your schedule and we'll work something out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keedoke. -If- it were to happen (and it very well might not, so no hopes up, you!), it would be both Kai and I coming, 'cos, y'know, I don't drive and all. ^^;

    My/our basic schedule is Tues-Thursday off, but anything else could realistically be worked out, given 2 weeks of forewarning... they're pretty lax about giving time off/retooling schedules 'round these parts. ^^

    Ah, and I really feel the need to point out again that we're still not sure what Kai's workload will be this summer. It's possible that he'll be SUPEROMGBUSY, in which case there'd be no way. But, we'll keep you posted. ^^

    ReplyDelete