Thursday, November 12, 2009

Weezer and Bookmongering

First off..

Fuck yeah.

A. In The Butt, Yeah
B. I don't get it...is this an inside joke thing?
C. Fuck NO. I don't like Weezer because I am stupid and have no family values.
D. 'C' reminded me of Addams Family Values. Man, remember that movie?

So working in the kids section last night, I re-realized something--a childrens' book can be named essentially anything. I'm thinking of diving into that business. So far my titles are:

"Here's a Duck"
"Kneecaps!"
"Breakfast on the Dog"
and
"RUN"

I think I'm on to something here.

OH--RIGHT--In the ACTING world, I'm still climbin'. I've submitted for some stuff--namely webisodes and stage auditions. I'll be filming a promotional video for public transportation on the 20th. Figures I guess--heh. I'm going to take the bus to the shoot and they'll marvel at how METHOD I am. Aside from that bweezness--I'm really itching to get HSD off the ground. Oh...oh THAT little ol' thing? One word. Webcomic. See, now that I posted it here--I have incentive to get chugging on it. Fuck, man--I shouldnt'a said nothin'.

In other news, I'm getting a ride to SB on Friday with Lolo-Woodsies to see RABBIT HOLE. I am so effing excited. FIRSTLY--VISITING ESS BEEEE!!! I MISS IT SO. I get to HANG OUT with errbody!!!! I'm gonna' get some FREEBIRDS, gonna swing by the beachy-beach! Boner? ACTIVATED. SECONDLY--GONNA SEE THAT GODDURM PLAAAY!!! DOUBLE BONER? DOUBLE ACTIVATED.

Whew.

Love love love
Dak

P.S. I haven't been swing dancing since the Triassic period--who's got a flippy dress and a free night?

5 comments:

  1. a) what what in the butt?

    b) children's books, case in point: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Three-Stories-You-Can-Read-to-Your-Cat/Sara-Swan-Miller/e/9780395957523/?pwb=1&

    you're definitely on to something.

    c) i knew someone who was japanese-italian, i dunno about german... but now i dearly hope they are, and that they change their name to "axis".

    d) have fun, have fun, have FUUUUUN!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the acting gig. I am totally impressed by how METHOD you are. Stick it to the man!

    Can I preorder a book? btw, do the same naming rules apply to young adult/children's novels? I want to write a book called BLUEBERRIES ON THE BOUNTY and have it be a major success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to point out to everyone that there is a limited time offer on '3 MORE Stories You Can Read to Your Cat.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA--

    YES.

    And I sent your temp for BLUEBERRIES ON THE BOUNTY to Candlewick Press-they're interested in a publishing deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and you can ALWAYS use more stories to read to your cat.

    ReplyDelete