Friday, August 28, 2009

Let's go on an update, I know a place.

Ey yo, sexy folks!

I got back from Santa Barbara yesterday, which was reeeeally nice. Got to see (almost) everyone I wanted to. Even got pulled over not a full day into the trip! Double thumbs up for three negroes in a vehicle! Send love to Mich...because it was BS. I'm generally extremely reluctant to call race on ANYTHING...but this was definitely one of those situations.

Speaking of race, at one point when I was still dating Erin and we were walking through downtown Santa Cruz, someone drove by and shouted "Nigger-loving whore!" at her. I could shrug off the drive n' shout, as I'm accustomed to it--but I was furious that anyone would say anything so derogatory toward Erin, who is certifiably the sweetest person on the face of the earth. Your grandmother? No man, bitch's got secrets.

So y'know. Race and its effects on one's initial perceptions is a strange thing. Hey, y'know what book covers that? This one.

And hey, y'know what else is awesome? Several of these things that I like.

Love,
Dakotah

P.S. Ooh ooh oh yeah, I got an EIN from the IRS for Awake Theatre Company. Now to legalzoom to incorporate that shit, open a bank account, and...groan...ask for donations.

2 comments:

  1. "Blink" is a fucking rad book. Have you read "The Tipping Point?"

    ReplyDelete