Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Now I'm MOTIVATED...

200 Points to whoever can guess what the title is from.

So I'm off to Nebraska on the 8th of September to act with the Nebraska Shakespeare company. I'll be performing in a 6 actor production of Macbeth, playing Banquo, Ross, and some other folks. THIS = FANTASTIQUE! It's a paid gig, no less! A real life acting gig! WHAAAT? This is doing wonders for the post-college doldrums I've been experiencing. It's been very easy for me to fall into a routine of assuming there's no creative outlet for me at home and acting accordingly--as opposed to continuing as I would at school or wherever. Earlier today, I unearthed my File Box back from Sage's amazing Acting For The Camera/How To Exist in the World class and began to sort some of my recent junk into it. Without a space to claim as my own, without a little corner of the house to retreat to even, I'm finding it more and more important to find things to define who I am. That isn't to say my identity is lost without my dong-shaped coffee mug (I heart you, Michaun) but it's always nice to have my little corner of existence.

ALSO IN LIFE: I've been in contact with Anthony Burch of Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin' fame. He has a lot of very interesting things to say about the state of gaming nowadays. I like his ideas, but I'm not sure if the modern gaming audiences are ready to take the leaps of relative faith he's proposing. I guess that's why he calls himself 'ReverendAnthony'. That said, its always good to have someone around to propose progressive ideas, even if everyone else is plugging their ears and saying 'LA LA LA LA'.

Working in the Barnes and Noble kids' section is awesome and sometimes hilarious.

I finished Hard Reset, my play about four videogame characters (who I'll call Shmico Bellic, Shmaster Chief, Shmonic the Shmedgehog, and Shquall Leonheart.) Contact me if you want to read it. I've already got some really amazing feedback from my buddy Paul and I'm planning on doing revisions soon. It'll be nice to go back to that world and dick around. I want to know a little more about each character, and I think that's a good place to edit from.

I'm really wanting to launch an AntiApathy campaign in L.A. AntiApathy? Oh, you didn't see the show? For shame. It was my guerilla theatre Senior Honors' Project. I basically took a page out of Improv Everywhere's book. I love them, and you should too. Check out their MP3 Experiement # 6 for a case of the warm fuzzies. I can't exactly divulge my plans for the LA area, but suffice to say they will be of utmost silliness.

That's mostly it for today. If you're in LA, specifically the valley, and specifically the West Valley--join me for a beer sometime soon. There has been a depressing lack of good beer in my life recently.

And now, a parting gift from me to you. Hearts, stars, and horseshoes! (PS the missed lyrics add to its charm!)



Love,
Dakotah

No comments:

Post a Comment