Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tis the Season!

So, turns out my idea to begin Awake Theatre Company isn't as far-fetched as I'd initially assumed! I've got several places in mind from which to garner moneys (Including a hook-up with Absolut Vodka...hello Chekhov!), there's a newly-converted black box theatre that the owner is letting folks use for free, and someone crazy enough to think it'll work. A theatre scene in L.A. that produces original work and dynamic adaptations of classics? Holy funding, Batman! That sounds like it just might work!

What I want to put on thus far:

One For The Road
Romeo and Juliet
Antiapathy
Some Form Of Monologue Festival
Living Newspapers
Uncle Vanya
Cocktails (The Vagina Monologues, but for dudes. I wish I could say I came up with that one.)
SKETCH N' SNIFF SHOWS???

So that's my big crazy plan! There are a fuck-ton of awesome actors down here right now, and I'd love to keep this party going for a few years. In addition, L.A. actors would come out of the freaking woodwork to be part of a solid scene---that it to say, if it was EXISTENT down hurr.

Now, the ME part. Have you ever spotted a cute girl who was just leaving the restroom?



Also I've decided to modify one of my blazers. It does a bit more blazing now. And yes, it's HIGH. ALL THE TIME. Here's your second video for the price of one (which is to say, free.)



MmmMMM, PLAYIN' WITH MYSELF.

Other than the somewhat new developments, there's not much to report. OH WAIT, I'll be in Santa Barbara again on Monday--originally I was going to try to hit up Santa Cruz and see Erin and Paul's play, but it doesn't look like I have the money. AND NO ONE IS SURPRISED.

Love,
Dakotah

P.S. Huh? Why haven't you seen District 9 yet?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen District 9 because I'm too goddamn busy that's why. I have a million freaking German films to watch.

    Congrats on getting things going...I wish I had a free space to play in...much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a slow start, but once things are rolling I think it'll be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I just mailed your gift basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna be involved somehow in helpin you with this while I still live here. also, butt sex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you ought to consider "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead". It would suit you. Or anything else by Stoppard, essentially. He's very YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreeeed. Danke! That'll have to go into the 'rights' portion of the budget.

    ReplyDelete