Monday, September 28, 2009

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!

I think I promised I'd add an addendum to a previous post. That was a lie. Suffice to say--I was nearly mauled by cougars, my phone broke, and I bought a sweatshirt.

There's your update.

So we had our official first show at the Sumter Amphitheater in Papillion. It was an amazing little space--up on a hill and removed from the sparse little San Jose-outskirtsy city of Papillion. The show itself was a bit wonky--but that's because many of us were worried about the set blowing down around us. That wouldn't NORMALLY be too big a deal, but it consists of five flats-each with at least 4 REALLY POINTY parts that you wouldn't want to be on the business end of. Add to that the fact that the floor was slippery polished concrete, and you have a recipe for a distraction stew. Or, at least, a bisque.

I felt in and out, altogether. This I feel I can attribute to my lack of sleep the previous night. Since my phone broke, I had to find another alarm...and because its one I'd never used before, I couldn't be entirely sure that it would work properly. I spend the night freaking out about it and woke up 3 anxious hours later. GUH.

Aside from that shtorf--it's been an interesting morning. I got the Rifftrax for The Room and watched it--it's funny, but the movie in and of itself might be funnier. The whole basis for the movie is for you and your friends to watch it and make the commentary yourselves--but there ARE some gems.

Also, I've been in a very odd mood. I'm not sure exactly what its about--but I feel like it began with the worry/thought/consideration that I'm beginning to lose something. That sounds ambiguous, and my explanation won't make it make any MORE sense per se--but I'll try anyway. There is always a dissonance between what you find yourself to be and what you expected yourself to be at this point in your life. That's a wonderful thing--it teaches you firsthand that life is an ambivalent beast and you should roll with the punches. That said though, I don't want to lose my grip on the belief that I can still DO ANYTHING. Y'know? If, once I get back, I decide that I want to move to Japan. I'm of two different minds about that--half of me (the grownup?) says "No no no, why would you do that? There's no reason for THAT." and the other half is saying, "Yeah! Are you kidding? What an adventure!" I'm just having some trouble reconciling the 'adventure' part. To be honest--there's a lot of excitement in saying "Fuck everything, there is no 'right way', hoist the sails!" I just want to make abso-tutely sure that 'no path' is a path I can follow, too. I'm nervous, excited, loopy, freaked-out, determined, anxious, and ecstatic. Whew.

Much much much loves!
Dakotah

No comments:

Post a Comment