Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In The Middle-West

I landed at the Nebraska Airport and immediately saw a 'Tornado Shelter' sign. This felt like an indication that this place would be unlike any other I've been to.

So far though, (all two days) it's been pretty normal. I think the nicest part is, actors are actors are actors, we're basically the same goofy fuckers anywhere. Oh man, let me tell you about the cast for the show. Oh man oh man~

So Vincent and Sarah Carlson-Brown are the road managers and basically THE Nebraska Shakespeare guys. Vincent, who is playing Macbeth, has some serious street cred as we say in the cred business. He's been with the company for about 10 years, doing security at first--then getting on the stage--then apparently making the stage his beeyotch. He is a mental and physical combination of Allie's Jordan and Jason Scott--so an intense actor with a wealth of knowledge on the subject, and also a tattooed goober with a Star Wars obsession that I deeply deeply admire. He and Sarah are married (been together for the better part of about 7 years) and they have proven to me that not only can an actor couple completely thrive, but they can buy A GIANT EFFING HOUSE WITH A STAR-WARS ROOM.

Sarah is rad too, of course. She's playing the Witch/Porter/Old Crone/Child/Set/Audience. She is an equally intense actor with a major goofball side that can kick some ass in the tandem bike on Wii Sports Resort. Oh yes, we got 7th out of 30 people...but we also PUSHED OTHER BIKERS OFF A CLIFF. That's right. MURDER. She gets to fuck around with audience members during the porter speech. SEX-SAY.

Shawn Carlson is Vincent's brother and reminds me of kind of a midwestern B-Frost, except replace all things medieval with all things soccer-related. He gave me the Nebraska Tutorial and showed me where the best pretend Irish dive bars were. Also he taught me double-jump. He's playing Malcom.

Brian, who plays Duncan and Macduff, actually reminds me of the Brian from Much Ado--except he's waaay toned down. He's awesome though, and hilarious, and will destroy you at Wii anything. He's got that gamer's beginners' luck going on. His acting is fuckin' subtle, yo.

Maria is one of the most terrifying actors I have ever met. By that, I mean she is abso-fucking-lutely amazing. She plays Lady M--no no no no, she OWNS Lady M. She's like a tiny, blond, pregnant Christina Ricci. She's got an adorable circular face, and a voice that you completely don't expect. It's deep and resonant, and will make you DO THINGS. I got goosebumps nearly every time she opened her mouth. Goddamn, she scares the living fuck out of me--half because I want to be her.

Anyhowitzer, I'm going to find something to eat in this crazy Baltimore-esque city. I feel like I won't, but its worth a shot. Hopefully I'll have better luck than yesterday, when the University of Omaha security surrounded me because I was using their WiFi after hours.

I mean....shut up....

Love,
Dakotah

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wicked cool awesome!! When you learned double jump were you able to get to the secret boss?? Or did you get a new item?? Also, glad to hear that things are going well!! BREAK ALL YOUR LEGS!!!

    ReplyDelete