Friday, September 25, 2009

Let the Seasons Begin~

Last night was our final dress for the show, and we're off to our preview today. I feel pretty damn good about it now, too. Matter of fact, I leave for the Omaha Playhouse in about half an hour to meet everyone else at the touring van. We'll drive to Creighton, load in, have a reception, then do the show. Cah-razy!

In other news, the weather has really cooled down. The trees are getting that gutted cigarette color and the gnats have all but instantaneously vanished. I got paid on Wednesday--then after a bit of fantastic irresponsible spending, I've bought (organic!) groceries to last me a good solid week or so. The scariest part is, I think, the fact that I'll be back home in L.A. before I get halfway through my daily vitamins. I think that gives them a profound significance. A weight. I'm going to have to measure my time in milligrams from now on.

But seriously, folks--

I'm a little nervous about tonight. I just don't know what to expect. Its funny, I'd feel fine walking onto the PAT or the Hatlen stage at UCSB and delivering a solo show off the dome, but this new location thing is a bit nerve-wracking. I think the best thing to keep in mind is that an audience is an audience is an audience. People are people are people. Aside from minor technical adjustments, there's not much to even consider worrying about. Our show is good. I know what I'm doing, and most importantly the show knows what it is.

In other news, I finally started setting aside time to read The Gunslinger, which Vince (Macbeth) let me borrow. I'm liking it so far, which is to say--ahem--all 54 pages of it. In addition, I decided to give my least favorite Final Fantasy another go. That's right, I'm replaying FFVIII. I still despise Squall Whinenhart--but I think I have a more refine take on the approach now. It is, EXTREMELY Japanese. It's a highly technological world that centers around an institution of learning, but has a keenly mystical element that centers around deity figures. How did they poosibly come up with oh wait, they looked outside. Thus far, this has been the most interesting aspect of this new playthrough. Well, I mean...that and the fact that this decade old game still has some amazing visuals during the cinematics. We'll see how far I get before I either-

A.) Decide I've been wrong all along and power through the narrative--which I'll undoubtedly find interesting and resonant.

B.) Get so irritated with Squall's bitching that I give it the big Eff You again.

C.) Squeeze every last game-breaking drop out of the junction system for ten hours, and breeze through the four discs in a single afternoon.

In addition, the list of women I'll sadly never marry is growing by leaps and bounds--for instance--enjoy this delicious blog. I guess Beansy knows her or something? She's a CCS alum. Whatever, I don't even care...

I've gotta' wrap this up so I make call time. Love love loves!

Dakotah (the hottest youtube video in the world is right here) Brown.

3 comments:

  1. OMG i wish i wish i wish i was there tonight for the preview. or at least tomorrow night. or any godamn night, for that matter, to actually SEEEE the play. *self pity sigh*.

    oh well. have fun, k? you are awesome.

    [exit stage left]

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREAK A FREAKING LEG, YOU TOURING ACTOR YOU! Enjoy the shit out of your adventure, buster, I'll be thinkin' about-cha. Nice Karolina plug, btw- I promise that you'll meet her someday. Visit San Fran; we'll take you out on the town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far its fantasmic. We had an outdoor show today, which was a toughie--but taught some good lessons.

    Loves to the both of yas!

    ReplyDelete