Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Four shows down as week one nearly draws to a close.

Our teeny group already feels like a family, as do the adorable hubby, wife, and kids who's spare room I sleep in. The past few weeks have been incredibly intense, and I've just been rolling with it. I like being up early (weird.) I love hopping in the Tranny Wagon and rumbling over to a school in the boonies to unload our set in the snow. I love loitering in coffee shops to steal WiFi and download AVGN episodes to watch at home, where I have 4 good minutes of internet every day. I love popping over to the WinCo where everything is cheap and the unhealthy snacks are plentiful. I love pleading with my wife to say the one thing that can, at very least, keep her soul from an eternity of damnation.

Th..that last part happens in the play...

Be bold.

Make tough choices.

Cause trouble.

Surprise people.

Good things to do onstage...incidentally good things to do in life, too. Yoko Ono said "Every time you don't say what you think, you die a little bit." That's absolutely true. That goes for doing what you really want as well. I can't ever afford to be less me. Nobody can and nobody should. For the past few weeks, I've enjoyed the luxury of really feeling like myself--and not trying to impress anyone. I've been able to step back and say "Whoa...this is ME." Whatever that entails. And hell, it's been TOUGH to remove the judgment. But...as I found out at Grandma's memorial...that's the ONLY thing you can do. The only way you can do this the right way is to be wholly honest and wholly yourself. Avoid the fake armor. Throw away the big scary mask and just be sweet to people. There is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY no way that can hurt you. Making the decision to be Lord of the Deuches only shows your hand to the table. Pair o' twos, huh? 'Course you had to bluff your ass off.

Well fuck it, man. Come here and get a hug. You're the coolest. No, shut the fuck up--you are. I don't wanna' hear any excuses.

Love love love,
Dakotah

2 comments: