Thursday, March 4, 2010

I did NAAAHT

Me and the cast watched The Room twice in the span of two days. I really REALLY hope I get to slip an "I did NAAHT" or "I'm fed AHP with thees WAHRLD," into the show. If only...

...man...if only...

I'm a little sick and vocally weak, but thankfully I'm supported by the most fantastic motherflippin' group of actors ever. I honestly can't believe I'm not at a two month long sleepover. There have been so many moments that have been absolutely incredible. Example:

  • Got lost on the way to Buhl High School (Thanks, Googlemaps!) Got there with 20 minutes to spare (We're supposed to have a full hour.) The drama kids got us loaded in and set up and ready to run in roughly 12 minutes. YOU KIDS ARE AWESOME. After the show, they surrounded us for hugs and autographs, then took us around to the front of the school to take pictures with the tractors they DROVE THERE THAT DAY.
  • Being from L.A., the coolest geographical oddity I ever see the 405/101 junction. Here in Twin Falls, not only are there waterfalls (Which during the fall and winter months are nothing--but evidently look AWESOME in the summer...I'll just have to come back) but there's a gorge. An effing gorge. Like a 'drive a bridge over it because its torn the very earth asunder' gorge. We all took a trip down there yesterday evening. Effing gorgeous. PUN INTENDED.
  • Found Mario 3 at a thrift store.
  • While eating a school-provided lunch off of a sectioned tray, I had a conversation with a red-headed kid about how, despite waking up a five in the morning every day to go work on his farm, he really loves to perform as much as he can. I felt like a walking advertisement for 'Life through art'. "All this and more can be yours too!" I told him that no matter what, find time to read plays and speak the words. That's something he can do anywhere, with or without a stage. I imagine he's standing atop his combine shouting Lear right now.
If somebody had pulled me aside in school and told me that after graduation, this would be my JOB. An actual JOB I could GET, I would've laughed and told them to stop hogging all the jungle juice. I'm sitting in a Hampton in Twin Falls, Idaho--about to go bic my bald head, eat a continental breakfast with a handful of the coolest people I've ever met, go strangle my wife in front of hundreds of kids, then hop on the road for a few hours while listening to Tally Hall and cracking jokes with that same handful of people. Pinch me.

Left cheek, please.

Love love love,
Dakotah

2 comments:

  1. I am wildly jealous. I love you. I got your postcard. You are great. Come home? But... don't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beans--you could TOTALLY get a gig like this, and I assure you you'd adore it and rock many a sock.

    I want to come visit like you wouldn't believe. Nostalgia to the face/butt.

    ReplyDelete