Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Weird

Everyone talks to themselves. Not everyone does so aloud. Fewer yet do so aloud in Japanese.

Except in Japan, I suppose.

I get phrases from games and anime stuck in my head with alarming frequency, and I have this compulsion to repeat them. They just sound COOL. And no, they aren't cool. Not in real life. There's a reason IKUZE!!! ('Let's Go!'--with an emphasis on "I'm gonna' punch you in the manberries") is generally left to the 2D plane is because it'd be silly to shout that unless you were going to hit somebody with a pipe--or conversely you REALLY REALLY needed to go to the market for some milk.

In addition, I say things like "Dokomademo, AGAITERU!" (anywhere, I will fight!) and "Shanto Shina~" (Do it right.) Because I heard them somewhere and I like how they sound. I should really start singing aloud instead. I might get fewer weird looks.

Though frankly--I enjoy the weird looks.

Love,
Dakotah

8 comments:

  1. it's been too long since i responded to your blogness, so here goes...

    YES, I DO AGREE.
    AND YOUR ANTICS AMUSE ME.
    THANK YOU, MY GOOD MAN.

    it's a haiku. i don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk to myself very, very loudly. I was making tuna salad today, and I was literally screaming at each can as I was opening it "YOU CANNOT FIGHT THE INEVITABLE"

    And sometimes when I get into my car, I start yelling at the people around me. "LOOK AT YOUR STUPID CAR DID YOU PAY FOR IT IN STUPID"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa whoa whoa, get the order of operations right, buddy.

    I'm cheating on my hand with you. OH GOD IT SAW ME TYPE THIS PLEASE BABY I LOVE YOU OW STOP HITTING ME

    ReplyDelete